We utilise LIDAR data produced by Airbus and soured from the Environment Agency to extract terrain model points across the entirety of England and Wales. This can be a granular as 5 meters apart, however most customers request 20 meters.
The two data sets that we use which allow us to provide this report and other reports alike are the LIDAR-sourced Digital Terrain Model and Digital Surface Model.
The Digital Terrain Model provides the height of the ground above sea-level at any requested site in England and Wales. The Digital Surface Model provides the height of any structure above sea-level (i.e. a building). The difference between these models means that we also have a granular means of measuring building height as far as 2 meters apart.
Our topographical surveys provide the points at 5-20 meter distances apart with the height above sea-level being measured in centimetres. Each topographical survey can be consistently completed within 1 working day and has a MasterMap backdrop, providing an even better survey of an area.
- Unprecedented speed (48-72 hours)
- 10-meter surrounding bounding box meaning that you can see the topo. of neighbouring sites
- Contour lines are made available
- MasterMap backdrop
- Site plan
- Height points in: 5,10, or 20 meter grid - measured to a single centimetre
- Contour lines - 1 metre apart
- Each of these products can come in three formats:
a. A survey (.jpg /.png /.pdf)
b. A CAD file (.dwg)
c. A GIS file (.shp)